Consistently recognised among the top international arbitration practices in Vietnam, our award winning team has built its reputation on consistently providing clients with top-quality service and practical commercial solutions.
Depth and Breadth of Experience
Where the subject matter of the dispute is situated in foreign jurisdictions with substantial foreign law elements, we also draw on our excellent worldwide contacts and our network of foreign lawyers in the firm’s regional offices to put together the strongest possible legal team to deal with the relevant issues, the best strategies for the case and the most compelling reliefs which may be sought under the relevant laws whilst minimising any real risk of challenges to any successful arbitral awards which we may obtain.
Members of the team have been retained as arbitrators, advisors and/or counsel on arbitrations conducted under the auspices of the world’s leading arbitration institutions, including:
- The International Court of Arbitration of the ICC
- The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- The Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- The Vietnam International Arbitration Centre
- The Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution
Thanks to the diversity of the clients we work with, we have in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of industries. We routinely handle disputes involving complex and multi-layered legal and factual issues, often working in close collaboration with industry experts and specialists in state-of-the-art technology.
Our arbitration practice group has worked on disputes in the following areas:
- Corporate and commercial matters, such as complex cross-border joint venture and shareholder disputes, banking, finance, insurance, regulatory, distributorship and employment disputes
- Oil and gas (upstream and downstream)
- Energy and resources including power stations
- Infrastructure and civil engineering projects such as airports, ports, highways and tunnels
- Building projects including residential, industrial, mixed-development and commercial building projects
- Maritime contracts
We have also acted for or against governments and government-linked entities in Vietnam.